To ensure the safety of all attendees, and to protect the facility, all MCHS school rules will be observed and enforced, including dress code and the code of conduct. In addition:
- Only eligible graduates of Mira Costa High School Class of 2018 may attend – no guests. No refunds if a student becomes ineligible to attend.
- All students (including those 18 years old or older) must have the Consent and Release Form completed and signed by a parent or guardian to attend the event.
- No refunds granted.
- Graduates are to arrive promptly at 8:00 p.m. for check in at the MCHS Auditorium on Thursday, June 14, 2018. If a graduate has purchased a ticket, and has not arrived by bus departure, parents will be notified at that time at the phone number provided on the Consent and Release Form. Parents will not be given the location to drive the student.
- Buses will return to Mira Costa between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. on Friday, June 15, 2018. For safety reasons, no graduate will be permitted to leave directly from the venue. We strongly recommend that a designated adult pick up the graduates. They will be very tired and driving may be unsafe.
- Casual dress is appropriate; however, shirts and shoes are required. No pocket chains. Jackets and sweatshirts are optional.
- Cell phones, pagers, iPods, smartphones and similar items are not allowed and will be confiscated at check in. Please leave those items at home or in your car.
- A supervised coat-check will be available for jackets, sweatshirts, purses, and keys. Students are encouraged to bring digital or disposable cameras. Cell phones with camera features will not be allowed.
- No bottles, cans or thermoses may be brought into GRAD Nite 2018. Students may be subject to a Breathalyzer test.
- No food may be brought into GRAD Nite 2018. A variety of food and beverages (including vegetarian and vegan selections) will be provided throughout the evening.
- Only medications properly listed on the Consent and Release Form will be allowed. Any medication not properly listed will be confiscated, including aspirin, tylenol, advil and the like.
- Smoking is not permitted. All tobacco products, lighters and matches will be confiscated.
- Gum is not allowed for the protection of the facility.
This event will observe a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. All backpacks, purses and bags will be thoroughly searched. Light pat downs may be necessary and conducted in the presence of at least two chaperones or security personnel. The following items are not allowed and will be confiscated:
No Substances: Any alcohol and/or drugs, including marijuana. If a graduate is in possession of, or is suspected to be under the influence of, alcohol or drugs, his/her parent or guardian will be called and be required to pick him/her up from school. The proper authority may be called when required by law. No refund will be given.
No Weapons: This includes all sharp objects such as nail files, scissors, knives, etc.
Happy Graduation to the MCHS Class of 2018!
GRAD NITE TICKETS for 2019 Graduates are not currently on sale. Please revisit the website after school starts in the Fall.